Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Six already???

Sleeping in a tent for his birthday wish! Matching PJs are obviously so overrated!
Good buddies!
Nothing like making smores in 90 degree weather!
The simple things in life. Why can't legos solve all the world's problems?

I can't believe my baby boy is 6! When he started kinder I felt old...but he is almost 10 already. That is crazy. I narrowly avoided yet another Star Wars party by proposing a camping party. A little worried that his guests would not know all of his interests...we called it his "Camping Star Wars Legos" party. It was a busy weekend...I got really sick and was laid out two days before his party. I nearly called it of the day before but around 4 pm started to feel miraculously better. So, I got to work making a cake and day pack party favors for all the kiddos. I sewed until 11 and then decided to call it quits. We, meaning Marc, pitched a huge and awesome tent (on loan by my parents) in the back...set up a fire pit for smores and waited for the good times to commence.
I thought the party was a hit. We went for a nature scavenger hunt in the greenbelt behind our house and "bombed" some mosquitoes with water balloons. It was lots of fun. I think the tent was the best part. The kids just wanted to do everything in there.
Of course M got some sweet things...tops were his lego X Wing Fighter and a trampoline from all his grandparents for the back yard! AHHH...let the good times roll!

2 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

Can you believe our babies are 6?! That makes me feel old! What a fun party with the tent and campfire! We just might steal your idea.

Dani said...

Awesome party! We set up the tent for Jack's b-day this year - downstairs because of rain. The kids loved it.