Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pan and Hook


So, of course, I realize I might be a little biased...but I am pretty sure my boys were the cutest Peter Pan and Captain Hook in all of Halloween-dom. About two weeks before Halloween, I realized I was going to have to pony up and figure out the costume situation. So, I asked the boys what they wanted to be. It was decided, pretty immediately I might add, that they both wanted to be Peter Pan (Beckett decided after he heard Mackay decide). So, all week, I tried to persuade one of them to be Captain Hook. Mackay got weepy and said, "No, I want to be Pan because I want to fly." Can't argue with that...fine...but Beckett wasn't going to budge either. 2 Pans it is.
Then, with Halloween one week out, on our way to the fabric store (because there are NO Pan or Hook costumes in the stores around here), Beckett decides he wants to be Captain Hook. Sweet... The costumes didn't turn out super-fabulous. But, for a first time costume maker and novice sewer...I think they turned out pretty cute. Regardless of the quality, the boys were so happy. Unfortunately we forgot to have Hook wear his hook for any of the pictures or for trick-or-treating. In fact, we got home that night and I discovered the hook under the kitchen table...bummer...but no biggie.
Toward the end of our evening, Mackay was running ahead to the next door and I called back to my sucker-eating 2 yr old, "Come on my little pirate." To which he responded, "No mom, Captain Hook."

6 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

That is ADORABLE! I could just squeeze those munchkins! I'm so impressed with the costumes! And I can just imagine Beckett while you were drawing on that tattoo. Was he laughing the whole time? Unless that's a permanent Tat :). Love it, love it, love it!

Newton said...

So cute!!! I love the costumes and of course the cute little kids lines! What precious nephews I have!! By the way, I can't believe you went to the midnight show of Twilight. I'm also very glad that we have the same view on the movie!

Moddybee said...

Love the chest hair!

Christy said...

I found your blog! And your costumes DO look great. I'm impressed!

The Sampietro's said...

Andrea did I invite you to my blog? Email me if I didn't!

EFN Newsletter said...

I am highly impressed.