Sunday, June 7, 2009

One of the Happiest Moments of my Life...and no, I haven't had the Baby

The other day I was walking out in the yard, watering the garden when I looked down and saw the most beautiful sight in the world.  Most anyone who might read this post knows my first love, as far as food goes, is watermelon.  I planted watermelon with a warning from all local gardeners that I wasn't likely to have much luck.  Well, I might not have as much luck in getting babies to come out...but I am extremely proud and excited to announce that I am the proud momma of 4 baby watermelons.  I just can't wait until they are big enough to cut open and eat every delightful bite of goodness within.
(pictures to follow soon)

 

3 comments:

Christy said...

awesome!!! Next step: baby coming on her own! :)

Eric and Amy said...

You are one lucky momma. I am SO jealous of your garden! We've finally gotten a few things growing, but it pales in comparison to your garden.

By the way, I just love your baby countdown on your sidebar. It says you still have 7 days to go, but the baby is missing from the womb. I guess that counter doesn't know what to do with overdue babies!

Le Meems said...

AWESOME! Congrats on the watermelons. I planted these magical "moon & stars" melons last summer and nothing happened.

Maybe next year I'll try !