Sunday, July 26, 2009

Heaven on Earth



I am now convinced that Pensacola, Florida is heaven on earth! My Dad sent all the girls there for a week of pure relaxation and beauty...with no kids (except for Eme...but she doesn't really count). I am quite convinced that all are deserving of such a treat...and I feel lucky to have experienced it firsthand. We arrived on a Sunday night and basked in the glorious sun for a whole week...sugary white sand, the perfect temperature water...truly refreshing, hot, but not too hot, just enough estrogen and no boys (don't get me wrong...I do love men, Marc in particular, but it is nice to have an "appreciation" week once in awhile). Unfortunately for Eme, she will now haunted by the gorgeous beach in Pensacola...so she is not likely to take too kindly to the reality of beaches in TX.
We mostly just relaxed...slept when we wanted, ate when and what we wanted (including a 3 lb bag of snickers and twix, yum), watched chick flicks and reality tv, got massages, worked out, and went on a little shopping expedition. So now you understand...a little piece of heaven just for me. THANKS DAD!!

7 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

SO JEALOUS! Those beautiful white sandy beaches ... I almost forgot what they looked like. So glad you were able to head out with the girls and have such a good time! I think it's time to do that on our side too ;).

Amber said...

I'm even more jealous now seeing how beautiful it was. And I don't even like the beach!

Bethany said...

Oh oh! So nice! I used to go to Destin, FL every summer when I was a kid- you just can't get enough of that white sugary sand!

Kierstin said...

Congrats! What a sweet baby! I am glad you are enjoying your little girl. I didn't realize you had started another blog. I will have to add it to my list.

I did laugh when I saw you named your baby Eme since that is the name we had been planning on. It would be Emmy, short for Emma Collings who was Jason's pioneer ancestor that crossed in the Martin Handcart company with 5 kids, all survived and then got to SLC and had 6 more. Great lady! Yes they will be great friends. They'll have to meet up at the Y.

Good to hear from you.

Ryan and Emily said...

Um, can I say jealous! How fun for you girls!! Just wanted to say hi and congratulations on your baby girl. I love the name Eme :)!

swearingen said...

So envious you got to take an awesome getaway! Gotta love some nice warm sand to dig your feet into!

Andrea said...

Sounds like my idea of heaven too. g I'm glad you were able to have such a great time...you deserve it.