Thursday, November 26, 2009

For the Love of Food


FOOD...it's everywhere...especially at this time of year. Some people have self-control and limit themselves, but for what? Is it weird that holidays mean something to me...and by something I mean that I think about food almost non-stop. Is it just me? Did something happen in my childhood that made me so obsessed with eating and cooking and tasting? I just don't know but I kind of don't care. There are things in life that are for pure enjoyment, and I think food is one of those things.
One of my sisters-in-law is able to cook an entire meal and never, ever taste it along the way. I asked her how she would know if the meal was ok and she told me that they would find out when they started eating. I think that is awesome but for many reasons, I don't think I can do it. I feel like tasting along the way is part of my cooking process (whether for peace of mind or just enjoyment...I'm not sure).
At any rate, this is my ode to food, I guess. I love everything about food and am so happy to live in such a prosperous time and place that I can fully enjoy and savor every tasty bite.

1 comment:

swearingen said...

I love your ode to food. I think I like it a little too much....I need to learn some sort of self control :) xoxo