Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The BIG Snow Storm



As far as extreme weather goes, we are pretty much limited to serious summer heat as far as I can tell. It is very cute to see how excited the kids get when anything falls from the sky around here. Today (this is MANY months after the fact as I am trying to catch up on posts) B asked, "Mommy, can we go to the snowy country sometime...you know, where the penguins live?" I know there is something magical about it. I have to admit that I am totally fine without it. It does make me feel kind of like the Peter Pan character in Hook. He grows old and totally looses touch with the magic of life until he sees it again through the eyes of children.
The boys were so excited. They scraped all the snow they could muster and worked long and hard to create this adorable mini snowman. By the afternoon, he had proper arms and everything.

1 comment:

Eric and Amy said...

A mighty fine snowman by Texas standards. Way to go!