Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Day




You know you are officially old and have small children when you aren't really sure that you did anything on New Years...in fact, you are pretty sure that you were sleeping by midnight...but you do remember that you went to the zoo bright and early on New Year's Day. We had a blast. We drove on down to San Antonio Zoo(because the Austin Zoo is laughable at best) with some of our favorite friends and made a day out of it. I'll admit that I am a little spoiled with my memories of the fantastical Smithsonian Zoo...but they say that our zoo is pretty good. I will admit that it is nice and also lacks the crazy sloping hills that used to make me sweat profusely and possibly curse in my mind whilst pushing my 80 lbs of children in the stroller.
We had a lovely time...the kids love the zoo so much. It was Eme's first trip. She might have noticed an animal or two. I am sure she will like it more each time we go. She mostly loved Marc - she pretty much loves him the most.

1 comment:

Eric and Amy said...

HA! Yes, I'd agree early in the day on New Years day is the BEST day for family outings ... no one is out!!! What fun!