Saturday, December 26, 2009

Feliz Navidad


Grandma Walker was able to come for a brief visit. What a treat!

One of the funniest nativity stories I have ever seen...note the kitty ears on Marc. Need I say more.


There is nothing quite like Christmas to make you feel like a kid again! I just love Christmas with kids. I love the excitement and anticipation of every part of the holiday season. We really try to limit the "stuff" part and focus as much on the real goodness of Christmas as possible. It probably helps that our TV doesn't really get channels and they are unable to pipe in cable...so we are not bombarded with all the crazy commercials.
I was pretty proud of my boys this year. They did extra chores to earn money to buy gifts for other children (Sub for Santa kind of things). They had so much fun picking out all the toys...maybe they thought they might get to keep them, I am not sure. But I would like to think that they "got" it a little bit. Hopefully we can keep up the tradition and it will be something they will remember with fondness.
We got to spend Christmas with Marc's family in Dallas. It was very fun to be with all the cousins at one time. The boys couldn't get enough...plus their cousins have a WII, so they pretty much didn't want to come home. To top it all off, we got a white Christmas. It was kind of crazy...but we were in Dallas afterall! LOL

1 comment:

Eric and Amy said...

So glad you guys were able to come. It was so much fun! Geez, it seems like so long ago! Can't wait to see you guys again soon!!