Friday, September 5, 2008

Konecne

So, "konecne" is one of my favorite Czech words...it is one of those things that I think sounds so much better and really gets the point across better than the same word in English. It means "FINALLY" - so I guess I just like the sound of it better.
After what seemed like nearly an eternity...we bought a house and are working on getting settled. It is so much more fun than I even imagined it. Unpacking has been exciting! I know we had a place in DC...but it is hard to call 819 sq. ft. a house. I know I am such a girl about this...but I get excited just thinking of all the fun possibilities for the house.
This week we have two major outdoor projects going. We had some of our property behind our rear fence line, so we had the fence redone to include most of that and added another 9 feet deep to the back. We hired out for that one and the guy did an awesome job and finished it yesterday.
Our other project is "THE DECK". Now, I didn't realize really how laborious building a deck could be...but after two full days of construction, I am just really thankful for two things. First, my awesome in-laws are such troopers and have luckily built a deck or two in their lives. And second, I am happy to be in relatively good shape. Let's just say that hauling wood from the driveway, without a wheelbarrow or any other assistance, for hours at a time ends up being really tiring!!
At any rate, the boys love their back yard and we are so happy to have one...konecne!!

3 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! I'm glad Mackay has the backyard of his dreams, and you've got the house you've been patiently waiting for! We can't wait to come down again see the fruit of your labors with that yard! Enjoy it!

The Sampietro's said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I wanna see the finished job!!

Lizzie said...

Yay! So happy for you! I can only imagin how cute it will be when you get finished with it. A "deck" sounds so nice. I don't think we have those here.... = )

I would love to see you Andrea. I would love to talk to you. Time sure does fly. Can you give me your number again? Thanks!