Saturday, February 21, 2009

30...it's really not so bad


So, I just turned 30...and I'm here to say that it's really not bad. I wasn't worried about it but it seems like most people are really doom and gloom about the big 3-0. I started the morning off at the gym and then headed in for a quick eye brow wax...got home for breakfast and then over to coach a soccer game. When we got home, we just did the normal lunch, B nap, afternoon things and then got ready for my date with Marc. We planned to go to this Italian restaurant I have been wanting to try.
So, we took the kids over to my good friend's house and Marc thought it would be good for me to help him "deposit" the kids because they "are better for me". Clueless as I am, I walked right into the middle of a well-planned surprise party. Marc worked on it for weeks, sending emails to coordinate hidden parking, food, good friends, pinata, a slide show and the perfect gift (I've been drooling over a Cricut Expression for months). Thanks to everyone for making it great!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

There's nothing better than a surprise party! Happy late birthday, Andrea!

Eric and Amy said...

Your haircut looks adorable! Wish we could have been there for the big surprise. Sounds like it was fun. And glad to hear the big 30 is okay. :) I'm quickly realizing I'm getting eye wrinkles and gray hair. Oh dear, what else comes with 30?! At least we're going at it together...and I have you to show me the ropes before my big day :).

Newton said...

How cute!!! And your hair does look GREAT! I love those short-ish dos on you! HOT baby momma!

Rachel said...

Way cute slideshow!

The Gordon Clan said...

Hey! I finally made it to your blog...and thought I would mark it, so if you are incredibly bored and in need of a nap, you can check out mine. Talk to you later!

Brooke

The Gordon Clan said...

Hey! I finally made it to your blog...and thought I would mark it, so if you are incredibly bored and in need of a nap, you can check out mine. Talk to you later!

Brooke

Amber said...

You are looking fantastic but I have to take issue with my demonic cackle that got caught in that picture. So flattering :-)