Sunday, February 15, 2009

Coach Strong


We have officially come to the "beginning of the end" of parenting and signed M up for soccer. All of his little buddies were playing and you can request to get your kid on the same team as their friends...so we took the sports plunge. He seems to love it (actually, I think he just loves running...and if the ball comes with it, so be it).
When we signed him up, they were looking for coaches and had a spot on the page to volunteer to be a coach. In my "condition", I figured I would sit this season out but Marc asked me why I didn't just coach his team. I figured that (with just three days before the parents' meeting) they would already have a coach but decided to call anyway. They took my info and said they would get back to me so I figured I was in the clear until the next day when I got my first phone call from a parent asking me for info on when our team was going to practice, where, etc. I said, "Oh, so am I the coach?" Apparently I am, they just forgot to tell me.
So, it has been lots of fun. I enjoy working with the kids and it reminds me of my old day job a little bit. We are still in the young league where there is no score-keeping and the coach is on the field, running around with the team throughout the game. I feel like a bit of a spectacle...big momma on field #2...but it keeps me busy...and I count the game as my workout for the day.

3 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

Ok, you are the cutest prego coach I've ever seen! I love that you've been M's coach! I'm jealous! And seriously, girlfriend, you look amazing!

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

That is awesome! You go girl.

What is it with pregnant coaches?? I coach the Young Women's basketball team at church. But I am so not a participant ... I am clearly a "sideline" coach. ;)