Monday, April 27, 2009

Insta-family...just add water



So my sister-in-law and her hubby got to go on a sweet cruise over the past week...and we got to watch their two adorable kiddos. They pulled into town on Saturday and then Amy and Eric flew out on Sunday. I am pretty sure this is the formula for heaven as far as my kids are concerned...a week with built-in playmates 24/7.
We spent the week just living it up and fitting in as much play time as you can imagine. We went to free scoop day at Ben and Jerry's (probably the highlight of the week for me...lol), went to the park, played at a friends' house, watched some other kids, went to the pool and many more super great things. I think we wore out poor H and A. By Wednesday H was asking me if we could go back to the house and then proceeded to fall soundly asleep on the couch with her brother practically on top of her.
After a couple days into the experience I thought, "Wow, I'm pretty tired...maybe I couldn't handle four kids". H kept saying "Is it a lot of work to take care of 4 kids?" It made me smile and think "YES!!" I admire all the mothers out there who do it all the time...but I also realized that it was like having two sets of twins since the kids are only months apart. So, I came away from the week feeling like I was an okay parent because I didn't make anyone cry (well okay, I think I make my kids cry every day...but it is because I only let them have one gogurt or something equally traumatizing) AND there was no physical abuse or blood/emergency room runs...not even a single band aid!

4 comments:

Amber said...

You are a super hero. And a super mom.

Lailani Ali said...

You are hilarious, as always. I am very proud of you for not causing bodily harm to anyone :)

Eric and Amy said...

We owe you big time! THANK YOU so much for letting us expand your family for the week. My kids had SO much fun and still haven't stopped talking about all the fun adventures you took them on. And sweet Hannah, came into our room this morning, waking us with the deep, heaving sob. Oh geez! We figured a dream or something had woken her up. Nope, she was crying because "I miss Mackay and Beckett." So sweet! So tender! Miss you guys. It's your turn to come up here next ;).

Newton said...

How is the baby!!???? She'll be here so soon! Can't wait! How are you feeling?