Monday, April 27, 2009

9 YEARS!!!



On Saturday, M and I celebrated 9 years of wedded bliss. Wow...that is pure craziness. It somehow makes me feel older than having an almost-5-yr old.
So, I am sure that neither he nor I would say that every moment has been easy...but I was just thinking that that means that we are a marriage success story. I appreciate him for all of the things he has taught me and all of the ways he has helped me grow. I am certainly a different woman than I was nine years ago. I was thinking about the change in my feelings of love for him...it definitely went from a naive, giddy 21 year old kind of love to a love full of respect and thankfulness for all he does for me and our family and the sacrifices that are so hard for many men to make...plus it helps that he is still hot!
I am sure that no one else needs to hear this...but thanks for all you do babe! I love you!

4 comments:

Dani said...

Way to go friends!! It definitely isn't an easy road, but you are a success. Love your guts, both of you.

Newton said...

Congrats!!! You did it! One more year to 10! That's crazy to think about! Love you guys!

Bassett Family said...

Hooray! Happy Anniversary!

Eric and Amy said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet tribute! You are a marriage success story! I guess we're all evolving, but it's all about where we are today! And you guys seem to be in a good place. So glad you're my sis now, and that you fell in love with my hot bro :).