Monday, April 6, 2009

My Latest Project



Something is in the air...call it Spring, call it baby countdown...but lately, I just want to make things. From baking to scrapbooking/cardmaking and sewing I can't seem to find enough time to satiate the creative cravings I have. Now mind you, I am not saying that all (or any) of these projects are noteworthy...but they are satisfying to me.
My latest project began when my dear friend gave me a thoughtful birthday gift. I have been wanting to make a car seat cover for my infant carrier (not that it is necessary, but because I just felt like it would be fun) but haven't been able to find a pattern. Now, I'm not necesarily saying that I am lazy...but I might not have ever gotten around to this project if she had not lit a fire under me by getting me a pattern and some fabric. So, about a month ago I finished the actual seat cover. The only problem was that the pattern did not come with a pattern to cover the hood.
I would not call myself a skilled seamstress...so the thought of making my own hood cover with no pattern almost made me feel nauseous; but, I finally picked out some fabric, got out my seam ripper and got to work.
I am pleasantly pleased with the finished product and I actually feel like the hood turned out better than the cover. So there...I am finished tooting my own horn...but it sure did feel good.

11 comments:

Buchanan Family said...

Wow, that looks awesome! Great job.

Amber said...

It turned out so cute. You are my hero.

Eric and Amy said...

I am SO impressed! Seriously...tutorial puhleaze! Little girl Strong will love it! :)

Rachel said...

Love it! Are you taking orders? Just kidding. I guess I would need a reason to change mine first.

Newton said...

Toot away Sister!! It is wonderful!! I love it!

Melissa said...

wow! so many posts to catch up on! and KU-DOS on the awesome car seat project! love it. makes me kinda want to make cute pink stuff for my girl.

Andrea said...

Girl, you are awsome. I love the whole "nesting" thing that happens sometimes in pregnancy where you feel like you need and WANT to do things. That car seat looks so cute! I wish I was that skilled. I can't wait to hear about the arrival of your little girl.

Jen said...

I love the colors!

Jenny said...

Crafty! I think it turned out so cute. Nice work!

Lailani Ali said...

It's sooo pretty! And you finally get to use pink. Awesome.

Amy said...

It is adorable! I keep thinking that baby is coming any day now but I'm glad to know we still have 28 days. I can't wait for you to have a sweet little girl!