Friday, June 27, 2008

Nothing like a little barf to start the day off right

Okay so you know how there are those days that make you cry until they are over....and then you just have to laugh...that was Sunday for us. Marc and I were supposed to be speaking in church so, of course, I was totally nervous and planned to read over my talk a few times before I "went on".
So, we are sitting there and Beckett and Mackay were vying for the same toy (big surprise...I am just going to start buying two of everything) and I scolded Beckett and told him to wait his turn. Anyway, they had just start passing the sacrament and Beckett starts barfing. I caught the first wave in my hands...and people all around start passing kleenex, napkins and wipe. But Beckett promptly barfed again and again...so Marc looks at me and says, "What should I do?" My response seemed pretty obvious to me, "GET HIM OUT OF HERE!!" (said in a desperate whisper) So, Marc scoops up Beckett trying to maximize the amount of vomit contained on his lap, while I walk behind them with barf sloshing out of my hands all over the pew and floor to the nearest bathroom.
Within seconds there are people rushing to our aide. A few of our "pew mates" got a bottle of disinfectant, a brush and a roll of paper towels to work on the chapel while another lady came and washed out Beckett's clothes so I could comfort him. We got him all cleaned up and calmed down just in time to speak. Then another friend came to help watch the boys so we could speak.
Needless to say, the vomit did not help me prepare to speak, and I felt more overwhelmed and nervous than I ever could have imagined. So, I pretty much started to loose it at the beginning, somehow reeled it in and eventually my voice stabilized and I stopped sounding like a goat.
So, alls well that ends well...although I did have a friend come up and rub my stomach and smile "knowingly" later that day (I would totally be fine with that - IF I was prego)...so that didn't help the ego for the day...but I guess it happens to everyone at some point in their lives.

5 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

Oh Andrea! Never a dull moment with kiddos, eh?! So glad you have such a great ward who jumped in to help so quickly! I'm sure your talk went great!
When I read the end of your blog, I first thought you were trying to announce something :). Don't you just love those days when the world thinks you look prego. Those are always great for the self esteem. Please, no tummy rubbing until at least the 5th month! :)...when it's completely obvious there's something in there baking!

Ally said...

Andrea, I have been meaning to tell you how happy I am that you started a blog of your own... not that I haven't enjoyed Marc's.

Anyhow... I miss you and can't believe how huge your kids are- and love that you have those fabulous mommy moments that we all get. Gotta love that timing of little ones. Anyhow our next little one is expected tomorrow- so there should be an update soon. Hope all is well with you.

Unknown said...

Okay, why in the world do people think it's okay to even hint at a possible pregnancy?! Isn't there an unwritten rule that you don't comment on anything until the woman is definitely waddling?!

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry I missed that!!! I just found your blog from Melissa's blog...YEA! Now I can read about your adventurous life at all hours of the night and at all times...

EFN Newsletter said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I would die. (I am referring to both the vomit and the inappropriate rub/look) I mean, are you kidding me?!

Phew, now that I got that all out, how ya doin'? I'm so glad you're blogging. I'm putting you on my reader right now. You will be known as Fun Andrea. (my inspiration)