Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Grade




M started first grade today! Where does the time go. I remember how long the summer seemed like it would be as I welcomed him home from his last day of Kinder. But, in true life fashion, it was but a blink of my eye and I am already sending him off to 1st. Tomorrow...college.
He was excited and ready to learn. Much more sure of himself than last year. When we got to his classroom he went right to his desk and got to work. I had to call him to turn his face for a picture. I am his teacher thinks I am a kook...but I just love to get those pictures so I can document how eager he is. I hope that never changes.
He seems to be really excited about the year and not really phased that there is only one girl from his last class in his new class. His teacher seems great...first year teacher...so hopefully it will be smooth sailing for her. I know that M will be helpful to her and I can't wait to see how much he learns and matures this year.

1 comment:

Eric and Amy said...

Can you believe our babies are in 1st grade? That makes them old pros! I can't believe it. M looks so old to me!