Sunday, August 1, 2010

We LOVE the Beach!!





I almost forgot how much I love the beach. We went down to Corpus Christi and had our first Texas beach experience...and I have to admit, it was much better than I expected it to be. There was plenty of sand and the water was warm...what more could you ask for? The sand seemed very unique and the kids enjoyed digging huge pits almost non-stop. We did a pretty good job not getting sunburned and got to play with some great friends. It made me want to become a beach bum...I just love it so much. E took to the sand like a crab and was joyously dipping her Doritos to cover each chip with bits of sand before eating. Yum! For me the only down side was getting stung by tiny jelly fish. Luckily I was the only one who really got a bad one and the sting only lasted for about half an hour. Upon discovering the little jelly fish, the boys also made a little prison for as many jelly fish as they could capture. We had a fun time keeping E from taking a dip in it...but they loved it all.
I look forward to many happy returns...

1 comment:

Eric and Amy said...

We'll need to do a trip down there as a fam. I'm overdue for some sun and sand! Sorry about the jelly fish. That sounds kinda freaky! But I'm a wimp when it comes to things like that! Love the pics of E ... what a babe!